How to make your house safe from intruders
Taking some simple steps to protect your home from intruders can avoid the heartache and trauma of being the victim of a burglar. Homes are somewhere to go home and shut the door, a sanctuary, where you feel safe and secure from the outside world. This is how you view your home.
Have you thought how it looks through the eyes of the prowling burglar?
He is looking for signs that indicate lax or non- existent security. Doors are primary entry and exit routes so they should have good quality locks. Letterboxes offer an ideal opportunity for burglars to steal your car keys. Burglars do their homework; they know the clues, which identify the easiest target and the property, which will offer the least resistance. It might be your neighbour’s house. It might be the one across the road. Or it might be your house.
Take security seriously and adopt the following precautions.
- Make sure your front and back door locks are secure
- Fit window locks and always check French doors are locked
- Remember to close windows, lock doors and leave lights on timers.
- Arrange for a neighbour to check your post and mow the lawn when you are on holiday
- Never throw your car keys on the hall table, where they could be stolen through your letterbox
- Don’t leave out the cardboard box from recycling. These advertise your newly purchased iPad or your 55” curved HD flat screen TV f
- Put away valuables, such as electronic equipment and jewelry, which can be seen through your windows
- Cut back shrubs which help conceal burglars
- Don’t leave out garden implements which can be used to break into your property
- Fit locks to garden sheds to protect valuable garden equipment
In addition to these common sense measures, DNA Security can make your house secure by fitting a range of protection devices such as:
- Intruder alarms,
- Security lights
Most burglars will steer clear of properties with CCTV and alarm systems. They also hate security lights, preferring to operate in the shadows where they are less likely to be seen by passers by. DNA Security have a wide range of alarm systems to fit most budgets. Their engineers can also carry out surveys to assess the best siting for CCTV cameras. Security lights are often activated by motion sensors, which deter criminal activity around your property.
Don’t allow yourself to become a victim of burglary, due to negligence cost cutting considerations or carelessness. When it comes to protecting your home, take sensible precautions. Invest in security systems and devices from a reputable company, such as DNA Security, who ensure all employees have undertaken stringent background checks.
By carrying out these simple steps, you will ensure that burglars will take one look at your property and walk on by, to find an easier target.
If you would like to speak with us regarding any security systems for your home or business, please do not hesitate to give DNA Security a call on